Today I’m gonna break down what I used to achieve a certain look. And today’s look is going to be:
Just to be clear, this is a everyday look for me, and I feel you, if you think this is way too much makeup on a daily basis. And it’s okay if you don’t like to smash this much on your face. Makeup should be something you’re comfortable with and you’re supposed to have fun. You don’t need it, and if you’re not into it, it’s totally okay. But keep in mind, everyone is different and you should feel good with the things you’re doing. And if you like to cake your face, go for it. If you’re a mascara girl only, go for it. Just do you and be happy. 🙂
So enough babbling… Here’s what’s on my face.
- Cetaphil Crème Hydratante – this is a Creme I got in my Glossybox a couple months ago and first I was kinda skeptical using it, but it is really good for dry skin. It dries pretty quick and there’s no weird smell to it. I believe you can get it in your pharmacy, at least in Germany
- for my undereyes I use a creme with dexpanthenol to keep everything hydrated
- Guerlain L’Or – a wonderful base with real gold flakes. A bit pricey, but a little goes a long way
- For Foundation I mix two foundations to achieve the perfect combination for me. The two foundations I mix are both by Lancôme. The first one is the Teint Idole Ultra Wear Foundation. This one is supposed to stay on 24h has a high coverage and is supposed to don’t need touch ups oh and it’s oil-free. I’m in the shade 01. And the second one is the Miracle Air de Teint Foundation in Shade 02. This one is more fluid, feels ultra light on the skin and is barely noticeable. The coverage is pretty weak, but you can build it up.
- For contour I use the Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Cream Kit in Light. I use the shades Neutral and Java. But to get a sharper Contour I use Java from the Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit Light to Medium on top, because it sticks to the creamy consistency and enhances it.
- The Benefit Hoola lite Bronzer is my go to bronzer at the moment. I love it for fair skin. If you’re a little more tan than me, you can use the Benefit Hoola.
- Blush: Manhatten Powder Rouge Tender Touch in Fresh Peach
- As a highlighter I use a couple to be honest. But all are provided by the Anastasia Beverly Hills Gleam Glow Kit. I use Mimosa on top of my cheek bones, Starburst on my cupids bow and Crushed Pearl on the bridge of my nose.
- To set my makeup I used Laura Mercier’s Translucent Powder
- As concealer for my under eyes I used the Maybelline Instant Anti-Age Effect in Light
- To Finish it off, I’ve used MAC Prep+Prime F+ – Finishing Mist
As mentioned in my previous blog post „Everyday Favourites Part II – Brow Products“, I have a combo for brows that I use everyday. And that’s the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Ebony and the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow Pomade in Dark Brown. To fix my brows I use the Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel.
I’ve used two pallets to achieve this look, but to just tell you which colors I used would be kinda weird, so I snapped a photo of my pallets (excuse me, they are used and they look that way 😀 ).
The first one is the MAC Mellow Moderns Palette
So from top left to bottom right, here are the colors: Beaded, Goldmine, Chains of Love, Cork, Persuade, Retrospeck, Greensmoke, Felt, Print, Carbon, Orb, Luscious, Soft Brown, Trax and Plummed.
The second palette is the Lime Crime Venus Palette. The names of the shadows are printed on there, so I’m not gonna tell you the names 😀
Before even putting on a shadow, I used the MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Soft Ochre. this is a good eyeshadow primer and I use it every day.
I did a cut crease look with a glitter border. So on my crease I used Soft Brown (Mellow Modern), topped it Cork (Mellow Modern) and then I used Venus (Venus Palette) on the outer corner of my crease I used Muse (Venus Palette). To darken out the outer corner of my crease a bit more I used Icon (Venus Palette). The key is to blend everything so damn carefully and precise. This takes time, so if you’re in a hurry, please don’t to a cut crease. After everything is blended nicely, I took my Paint Pot in Soft Ochre again and „cut“ the crease. After my crease looked sharply cut I put on Retrospeck on my lid, but before I put on the shadow I sprayed my brush with Fix+ Spray. This helps to bring out the foiled look of the eyeshadow. On my lower lashline I put basically the same shadows I used in my crease, just not that intense.
Then I did my winged liner as usual. I first put on a gel liner (Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner 24 h in Black) and then I top it of with a coat of liquid eyeliner to make it more intense. As you can see, I enhanced the liner in my inner corner. On my waterline I used the Anastasia Beverly Hills Darkside Waterproof Gel Liner. This liner ist the best for the waterline, because it does not smudge and does not leave you with panda eyes.
I put on a coat of mascara – Nyx Curvaceous Lush Lashes Mascara and of course there had to be some fake lashes. I used the Daisy Blooming Lashes by Kiss Products. And I love to put a Coat of Mascara on top, to make it more dramatic. There I used the L’Oréal Mega Volume Collagene 24 h Black Smoke Mascara.
And then I put on a thin line of glitter to divide my crease from my lid. My weapon of choice for this one is the Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Eye Liner in Glam Rock.
And here’s the finished look! Hope you enjoyed it.- Have a wonderful evening!
On my lips I have Limecrime Lulu Velvetine